Palworld Devs Receive Death Threats

It's been a disgusting trend over several years in which these so-called "fans" will tear down or outright threaten the devs of many popular games. I don't understand the mentality of what goes through these people's minds. If you don't like a game, movie, or show you can simply say I don't like it and go on about your life. There's so much wasted potential of the extremely precious time they have left on this earth.

Amid the explosive launch of Palworld, its developers have taken to social media to say they have received death threats.

Last week, IGN reported on how Palworld, aka ‘Pokémon with guns’, had sparked a vociferous debate online about whether it had “ripped-off” Nintendo’s famous franchise.

Some Pokémon fans say Palworld’s Pals are too similar to Pokémon, with a number of social media posts that place Pals next to Pokémon going viral.

https://www.ign.com/articles/palworld-devs-says-they-have-received-death-threats-amid-pokmon-rip-off-claims

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

If people want to get this up-in-arms about copycat designs there is a mile-long list of video games with designs that are similar to, if not outright copied homework from other games or properties. Even just the "CEO Supports AI" debate effectively means those people best not be playing any Microsoft or Square Enix games if it's something they actually care about. This is purely selective outrage.

They are the same people who make the product/brand part of their core identity. Having a new IP entering the same space perceived as an attack on them so they lash out like crazy. It’s that monkey brain tribalism at work.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It is such a shame that many feel that death threats are the way to go each time something happens that they are not happy with when it comes to a game release. I would like to say it may get better over time but unfortunately, that would take many to be better people and that is a big ask.