Handheld with PS5

9 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Do you think Sony will go Nintendo's route and include a type of handheld with the PS5? Just combing their PSP series into the console itself.

Don't know what Sony will do. But they will let us know what the plans are in the future or at E3

I don't think so, if you have ever used a PS Vita with their PS4 it kind of already is like this. You can play games that you would play on your PS4 with it, and even use it as another control in a majority of the games that are out (this feature was slightly working with some PS3 games). I feel like Sony is going into the right direction by making sure they keep both systems linked in one way, but also making sure that they are completely different in terms of usage (since the Wii U was a sad attempt in my eyes to make handheld gaming sync with their Wii console). 

• 3 years later...

I don't think they will do anything like that. That would increase costs for the PlayStation 5 and I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay extra for it especially if they don't care about the handheld. Might work if it was sold separately but even then, not sure it's worth the sales they would get.

spacer.png