When will GTA 6 be released ?

I've heard that it'll either sit across the entirety of the USA or even be a contininent crossing adventure between North and South America. I am thinking it won't even be announce until next year though with a release in like 2021 or maybe even 2022, especially if the map is going to be that large it'll mean a heck of a lot of work. I'd prefer the game to be polished off though! Do you think it'll become a console exlclusive though for hardware reasons? Depends what the XBOX Scarlett or the PS5 come up with I suppose!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that we do get one soon because I'm not really happy with Grand Theft Auto 5. They absolutely ruined the game (in terms of online) with all the microtransactions and lack of single player updates. Plus, I didn't really like the driving physics as much. 

spacer.png

I'm ashamed to admit that I've never played Grand Theft Auto V, despite owning it since release on Xbox 360 and later buying it again on PS4!

I reckon they'll probably wait for the next-gen consoles before we see GTA6. Despite them taking their time with IV and V it's fair to say that they've had mixed reviews, and people have had their criticisms of each.. That, and Red Dead Redemption 2 is probably going to keep Rockstar pretty occupied yet despite being released 6 months ago.

I was reading this article, and it seems to guess/estimate it'll come out in late 2020 around the time of the PS5, which would be a really clever marketing strategy. Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Now that we know the PS5 is confirmed and will most likely be released in 2020, I think we can safely assume that GTA6 will come a tiny bit after the release of the next generation consoles so a 2020 release seems plausible.

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

I agree, I don't think we will see anything GTA 6 related until atleast 2020 after the PS5 launches and the new Xbox comes out. I would be interested though if they are thinking on adding a more slimmed down version to the Switch or not at this point.