Why PC Gaming Will Always Be better Than Console Gaming

With all the debates on the internet about weather a PC or a console is best for gaming.  Well the answer is simple and it is PC.

Computers have a variety of advantages over a console these include;

Upgradable hardware: To upgrade a console you need to buy a whole news console which is really inefficient.

Outdated hardware: With recent console generations reaching 10 years, the hardware will be extremely out of date by the end of a console generation meaning that PC’s will have performance that will be many times faster by then.

Poor hardware: This is a more of an issue with the current console generations but in general consoles are only as powerful as budget gaming systems and this means that games often have poor frame rates that rarely go above 30 FPS.

Restrictive platform: On a console you only have one digital store meaning that the console manufacturer has 100% say on what is allowed on that console. On PC you have multiple marketplaces meaning if one of them does not want to stock a game then you can just get the game from a rival.

Final notes: An easy to use platform does not make that platform good, think of ready meals on how they are really easy to cook but are no ware near to the quality of home cooking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2017 at 8:23 AM, Manata said:

Of course PC gaming will always be better. Consoles have poor graphics too, and you can build yourself a good gaming PC for the price of 1 console.

Correct. But the main advantage is the freedom to not be stuck to one echo system. On pc if a company like steam start to become more anti-consumer, you can just use a different platform unlike consoles where you are stuck with the original platform.

You can see this advantage with steam new refund policy which happened because of pressure from EA having a better refund policy.

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2017 at 3:23 AM, Manata said:

Of course PC gaming will always be better. Consoles have poor graphics too, and you can build yourself a good gaming PC for the price of 1 console.

How do consoles have poor graphics?  Even the PS3 is full HD if your TV supports it.  And I'm pretty sure the PS4 may even be able to do 4K, but I'm not sure.  If you have a nice TV, the graphics will be superb.

Still, I agree with the OP and that's why I've only ever owned a PS3 and sold it. lol

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I like gaming computers not really for the games, but because they're optimized for 3D art creation.  In that case, Iv'e always wanted to get at least a budget one.  A typical PC (Mine is a 2100 eMachines that is still in great condition.), though awesome for the internet, won't work for art projects.

14 hours ago, jy76 said:

I like gaming computers not really for the games, but because they're optimized for 3D art creation.  In that case, Iv'e always wanted to get at least a budget one.  A typical PC (Mine is a 2100 eMachines that is still in great condition.), though awesome for the internet, won't work for art projects.

eMachines. hehehe  How much was it?

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]

• 1 month later...

For me its PC, because in PC you can do more aside from games its a multi-purpose unit and its very useful, while in console its only for games. I also believed that the experience and graphics on console is better than PC gaming.  But still I prefer PC gaming. :)

• 6 months later...

All the Bayside members in this topic have voted PC instead of console. I would agree, even though I'm a console gamer, a computer has better graphics, you can upgrade your gaming PC to better specs, portable(if it's a laptop) and there are serveral other reasons.

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/27/2017 at 5:48 AM, zoldos said:

eMachines. hehehe  How much was it?

It was probably around 500 USD at Wal-Mart.  Can't really remember - as it was 2011!  

Anyway, on the bright side, I now have an 2018 HP - and at least it's upgradeable (the memory)!

Edited by jy76

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 12:14 PM, GamingGuy said:

If PC games are better than why are we seeing less and less games being created for the PC? I'm a console gamer :D

Who said that?  Have you ever heard of Steam? :)

On 5/13/2018 at 12:18 AM, jy76 said:

It was probably around 500 USD at Wal-Mart.  Can't really remember - as it was 2011!  

Anyway, on the bright side, I now have an 2018 HP - and at least it's upgradeable (the memory)!

hehehe Specs?  I'll always build  my own PCs, but if you got a good deal, then cool. 🙂

On 2/23/2018 at 10:14 AM, GamingGuy said:

If PC games are better than why are we seeing less and less games being created for the PC? I'm a console gamer :D

Physical PC games are a thing of the past, as zoldos mentioned you should look into steam. There's infinitely more games than consoles there 😀 I don't even own a console aside from an Android TV Box (if you'd even consider that a console) for emulators, but even my PC is capable of that.

Most console game titles are on PC as well. PC's are also future proof in a way in that you can just keep upgrading individual parts of the system as opposed to going out and buying an entirely new computer or console.

Edited by NearWinter