Music while gaming

Some gamers like to listen to music while gaming. I enjoy listening to music in the game as I can visualise myself in the virtual world better and the realistic sound effects such as shooting, walking helps me achieve this.

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 6 months later...

Listening to music, aside from the soundtrack on the game, seems silly to me! I mean, "Are you on drugs?". 😁  Anyway, the soundtrack on the game is a very integral part, but I suppose you can play without it.  I mean, deaf players probably love video games as much as hearing people!

• 1 month later...

I find that listening to music during certain games is a distraction for  me. For example in games like Destiny 2, it's harder for me to concentrate on targets or mission goals. Although, there are some games I enjoy playing while listening to music.  For instance, I enjoy listening while playing Providence Poker.

Edited by wiseone.search

Well, actually, the total opposite, total silence, is horrible!  I mean, I want some sound - either music and/or shooting noises etc.  

Anyway, though, I know deaf people don't mind it  - because probably they don't know the alternative!

Edited by jy76

• 4 months later...

I have set playlists for World of Warcraft. If I'm raiding, it's some techno/dub-step type stuff with no lyrics because 99% if I am raiding or doing mythic + dungeons, I'm streaming and Twitch has copyright music stuff built into their platform that mutes the stream's audio in VODs. Otherwise, if I'm just running around and messing around I'll play my own mix of stuff I like on Spotify. Which, by the way, is a wide range of music.

• 2 years later...
On 1/6/2018 at 5:24 PM, Alexander said:

Some gamers like to listen to music while gaming. I enjoy listening to music in the game as I can visualise myself in the virtual world better and the realistic sound effects such as shooting, walking helps me achieve this.

Nah, I don't do that. That's a deadly combination really. If you want to feel the game, you must use the game's background sound. Otherwise you won't be able to connect to the game's environment. 😊

It depends on the game. Like for something like Minecraft, I enjoy turning down their music and playing my own. With games like CoD though, I need to be able to hear everything happening. 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the game for me as well. With some games, I listen to my own music but with others, mainly first person shooters, I tend to only listen to the game sound since that can be the difference between winning and losing.

spacer.png

It really depends on where my attention is needed. If I am waiting for something, I prefer not to listen to anything while playing a game. Though I do find it weird that some people like to select a playlist while gaming, that doesn't relate to what they are playing, due to getting tired of hearing the in game music all the time. I suck it up, and it helps me focus if I listen to the music built into the game.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 9:49 AM, Joshua Farrell said:

It really depends on where my attention is needed. If I am waiting for something, I prefer not to listen to anything while playing a game. Though I do find it weird that some people like to select a playlist while gaming, that doesn't relate to what they are playing, due to getting tired of hearing the in game music all the time. I suck it up, and it helps me focus if I listen to the music built into the game.

That's quite opposite to me. While playing game I avoid unnecessary noises. That's why my room has been made separate so that I can have some quiet time playing. 

Music at the time of playing really distracts the mind. If we need with better performance, we should use the games inbuilt sound only. 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I don't listen to music that much anyways. To me, it becomes a distraction. I like it being quiet, no outside noise. Just focusing on the game. I also tend to have sound effects up whenever I play to get a better feel for the game. 

• 3 months later...

For me I tend to be all in when it comes to gaming where all my focus is on the game and its music. I actually enjoy listening to video game scores. I think Skyrim is one of the best ones I've listened to. I also really love the music from Final Fantasy X. 

• 5 weeks later...

It depends on what game I am playing. When I am playing Minecraft or Roblox, I listen to music. However, when I am playing PUBG or Valorant I don't listen to Music.

• 11 months later...

The game's soundtrack and music usually works for me in most cases. Unless for some reasons, the in game's music is horrible, then I will switch to my own playlist which is super fun to listen to all the time because I always have it updated. 

• 1 month later...

It really depends on the game I am playing as to whether or not I listen to the in-game music or if I have a playlist. If the game I am playing doesn't have any in-game music or any real reason to have to fully hear the game then I have playlists I like to listen to when gaming. 

I really enjoy music during gaming.  Although I do not listen to it often.  This is due to finding myself often enjoying or wanting to enjoy the game's actual music or sometimes just not wanting to struggle to get audio levels to that perfect level I often find myself wanting.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, ZandraJoi said:

I don't listen to music that much anyways. To me, it becomes a distraction. I like it being quiet, no outside noise. Just focusing on the game. I also tend to have sound effects up whenever I play to get a better feel for the game. 

If you are very good at playing certain games that you like, then listening to music when playing it is never a big deal. I do listen to cool songs when I play my PES football game and it helps calm my nerves.