Music while gaming

When I am playing games, I listen to the game soundtrack, I do not play any other music in the background. When I listen to the game sound, I am directly transported to the game world and it makes me fully engrossed in the game activities.

• 3 weeks later...

The only time I'll listen to music while playing a video game is if I'm playing a RPG and need to grind. I enjoy listening to video game music and I prefer to hear the game's soundtrack, but after a while it can get annoying hearing the battle theme in a RPG over and over again. xD

• 3 weeks later...

I always listen to music while playing games that don't need focus on the in-game sound to perform well. I feel they help me get more relaxed and chilled as I'm doing two of my favorite things to do in free time at the same time. :)

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

I normally prefer music, sometimes on Fortnite though I don’t play with music so I can hear footsteps and figure out the location of enemies faster and more accurate. Normally I listen to music I enjoy not the games sound track, sometimes I’ll listen to rocket leagues of old school RuneScapes music though.

• 6 months later...

It depends on the kind of game I am playing as to whether I prefer my music away from the game or the music in the game. For example, in Fortnite if I am playing battle royale, I prefer to listen to my music but if I am in a singe player game, I prefer to be able to hear the sounds and music of the game.