Best Place to Stream

What do you guys think is the best platform to stream on? Do you prefer to stick to streaming platforms dedicated to gaming?

spacer.png

• 8 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, will88chang said:

Twitch, It's always been twitch.  With mixer closing major people probably go back to twitch

Would you still say Twitch? I'm curious because I know a lot of people aren't as happy with them as they used to be.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

Mixer is no longer, YouTube gaming is growing but that's just does not fit for everyone and so Twitch is still the option I say ;) I mean I stream on twitch myself anyway and by moving to another network you have to start over again and that in itself can be very hard to grow :) 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

Would you ever consider streaming on both platforms though? Might be good to diversify a bit in case something ever (highly doubt it) happens to Twitch

spacer.png

• Management Team

I have and did in the passed but now since I'm affiliated and also you can be partnerd with networkd, streaming on all at the same time is an no no. 

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, kingcool52 said:

Would you still say Twitch? I'm curious because I know a lot of people aren't as happy with them as they used to be.

Choice, people want choice's in this matter and other than YouTube live or Facebook there aren't any choices right? Just having that right perfect audience :)

End of the day Twitch is just another different mix of community where YouTube is linked to other networks that have different audience again.

• 1 month later...

I think the best place to Stream is Twitch because it's made for gaming. YouTube in my mind is more for saved and edited clips. There's also Facebook gaming but I don't think it gets as much traction as Twitch. Plus it's Facebook...

• Management Team
On 6/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, Puppuccino said:

I think the best place to Stream is Twitch because it's made for gaming. YouTube in my mind is more for saved and edited clips. There's also Facebook gaming but I don't think it gets as much traction as Twitch. Plus it's Facebook...

Well, Twitch isn't just for gamers anymore, You can stream yourself in a hottub now

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Not like many years ago before Amamzon taken over the platform. YouTube offers live streaming now also for a while. 

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 1 month later...

I would say Twitch. YouTube is only worth it if you have established support. You are very unlikely to become popular as a streamer on YouTube. I think it is worth pushing your backlog to YouTube though. So anything you stream, have a YouTube channel to upload that to. 

• 5 months later...

While right now it's Twitch, we have to take into account that YouTube is going crazy on updating their system. I guess 2022 will change a bit in terms of streaming platforms, as many big streamers are moving to YouTube.

• Management Team

I see that Twitch is not as good as it was, Aren't like how YouTube is becoming nowadays. Major big time people ahve moved to YouTube

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

On 1/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, EmpireKicking said:

I see that Twitch is not as good as it was, Aren't like how YouTube is becoming nowadays. Major big time people ahve moved to YouTube

Problem of Twitch is that as they've got the whole share of the market, they don't even care about their content creators. So many people have moved due to this - they simply do not care.

Also they ban people and they give almost nule info regarding their ban.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Before Mixer closed I would have said Mixer to be honest, I loved Mixer and met so many awesome people on that platform before they closed in July 2020. Most people went to Twitch after Mixer closed and I too decided to move to Twitch after the closure but I found it difficult as did many. I decided to give Trovo a try and whilst it may not be for everyone, I found it to be very Mixer like and I have met a lot of cool people on Trovo as well. I still stream on Twitch from time to time but I have found that I enjoyed streaming more when I started streaming on Trovo after Mixer closed.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember watching gamers stream on ustream back when it was still popular but the best place to stream as of now especially if you're taking it seriously is Twitch. There's also some users that stream on multiple platforms at once, I've seen a few people have luck with TikTok lives.

• 7 months later...

These days I frequently hear that Kick is the best place to stream games. The platform keeps just 5 percent of revenue and gives to the creator the remaining 95 percent. If you are receiving 95 percent of the revenue, you will be making a lot of money, right?

• Management Team
On 9/7/2023 at 4:59 AM, nomad said:

These days I frequently hear that Kick is the best place to stream games. The platform keeps just 5 percent of revenue and gives to the creator the remaining 95 percent. If you are receiving 95 percent of the revenue, you will be making a lot of money, right?

Can't say it's the best, hence they are still new and they are not big enough yet. They have a future that no one knows what the outcome is going to be. I mean yeah you get more money but at the same time you get fewer people watching and what if they change it in five years' time that you get only a 50/50 cut? 

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, EmpireKicking said:

Can't say it's the best, hence they are still new and they are not big enough yet. They have a future that no one knows what the outcome is going to be. I mean yeah you get more money but at the same time you get fewer people watching and what if they change it in five years' time that you get only a 50/50 cut? 

You make an interesting point. Since the audience on newer platforms is not big as in the established platforms, despite getting higher percentage share in the revenue, you might not earn much. However, if the platform continues to pay higher percentage of revenue, it will soon be populated.

• 2 weeks later...

I always hear this question "Where is the best place to stream" and I feel that there is no best place to stream, you should stream where you feel comfortable and where works for you. 

With Twitch now allowing multi-streaming, it opens up more options for you to be able to explore and going live in more than one place prevents you from keeping all your eggs in one basket. 

I myself am getting ready to stream to both Twitch and Kick and I am very excited to see how that goes :)