Running A Website

I still don't think social media was the biggest factor. Forums are still pretty different especially smaller ones where you can take part in discussions without getting lost amongst a huge number of other comments.

spacer.png

• 4 months later...

Discord is definitely the social network that has hurt forums the most imo. Someone needs to get in touch with Anonymous

spacer.png

• Management Team
17 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Discord is definitely the social network that has hurt forums the most imo. Someone needs to get in touch with Anonymous

Well, My Discord channel/server is dead and only use it for people to join from Twitch LOL 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

Fair enough but the bigger servers have definitely hurt forums a bit. Personally, I don't think Twitter and FB have affect forum activity that much because they're quite different in terms of how you chat with other people

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

I am currently two forums, one is a webmaster forum and another is a regional forum for my City. Webmaster is doing okay, but the other is pretty new so no activity.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:16 AM, Jason said:

I am currently two forums, one is a webmaster forum and another is a regional forum for my City. Webmaster is doing okay, but the other is pretty new so no activity.

I know about the webmaster one but I wasn't aware you were also running a regional forum. I presume it's a general discussion forum for Indian users?

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

I have a holistic, secular forum that's been going on for over a year now. I personally love forums & am Team Forum vs Team Social Media. However, I have found it hard to get members as it seems many don't want to be on forums. People encouraged me to make a group on Mewe (Facebook alternative) but while it may be more active, it's not what I like. 

• 9 months later...

Regarding websites with a domain, I run a drum lesson forum.   It's a lot of fun and I post lessons regularly.   Anyway, I plan to aggressively promote.  Considering the success of an ad for my Patreon page, I think it should do well.  However, I am shy to do a lot of free advertising because I don't want it seen as spam.  

Edited by Jason76

• 2 years later...

I at the moment co-own a forum with my other half and I also own another forum that I just opened and I am working on another forum I hope to open soon. All in all I own 3 forums. 

I also help run two other forums at the moment too.