Do you run other programs in your PC, while playing games?

Claraviolet

As for me, I try not to run other programs while playing games.

My laptop got just 4 GB RAM and I don't want my laptop to die just yet. If I like it, I usually play some music in my phone and that's about it. So, what about you all?

Do you run any other programs while playing games?

• Management Team

100% of the time when I'm gaming I do have Discord and OBS open and then steam :) Only time that I play a game when not streaming is CSGO with no other things open. End of the day there are always things running, steam is always running. 

When it comes to me flying, then I have way to much things open. around 5 or more software ;) and I use them all, Flying is realism and flying needs charts. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes though I only tend to play Pokemon TCG and Yugioh games on my PC. My computer just can't handle it. How do you play games with 4 GB of ram? That's incredibly hard for me to understand. I have 8 GB ram but almost 2 GB is dedicated to the PC operating system. My PC can handle card games and sometimes I leave programs open but other times I have to close them as sometimes my computer drags a bit. Though it's doing much better then my previous computer and there's usually no issues.

• 1 month later...

I tend to stream my games using GeForce Now so my laptop isn't affected that much in terms of performance. But I like to have other programs closed anyway so usually I have nothing open in the background

spacer.png

Yes, there are times when I run other programs but that's usually because if I'm waiting for something to happen on the game I can switch over and multi-task. My computer has been doing okay with keeping up as long as I'm not on Firefox because that eats up way too much memory.

• 1 month later...

Generally if I am gaming, I have Twitch open in a browser. Streamlabs OBS, Streamlabs chatbot, and Streamlabs labels. I will sometimes have photoshop open as well as a couple other browser tabs just depends on what I'm doing or playing. But, my computer has been pretty good at handling that kind of stuff all at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Only if it is a live stream. But I would not recommend anyone to use any kind of software while performing games, specially high end games.

It requires a lot of CPU processing, and any other software running in the background might affect the efficiency of the CPU. I had one problem during live streaming of GTA V, later I lowered the graphics requirement of the game to sort it out.

That will surely be an overload for me, i wouldn't trade my PC for that. When I'm playing game, that time will be used to play game and nothing more. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, Sincerem said:

That will surely be an overload for me, i wouldn't trade my PC for that. When I'm playing game, that time will be used to play game and nothing more. 

Don't you live stream your games? I think somewhere you mentioned that you do live stream. Obviously for that you will need extra software. Any kind of screen recorder will surely it up some RAM power. 

• 3 weeks later...

I only run other programs in the background while playing, when I know my computer can run both at the same time, without sacrificing performance while using both at the same time. A little annoying playing a game, when something is in the background self updating, causing the game to slow down while in use.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, Razor1911 said:

Don't you live stream your games? I think somewhere you mentioned that you do live stream. Obviously for that you will need extra software. Any kind of screen recorder will surely it up some RAM power. 

I got PS4 for online games and career mode. I don't live stream as an E-sports player, but I'm thinking about going into it sooner. 

On 8/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, Joshua Farrell said:

I only run other programs in the background while playing, when I know my computer can run both at the same time, without sacrificing performance while using both at the same time. A little annoying playing a game, when something is in the background self updating, causing the game to slow down while in use.

But one way or the other, running too many programs in the background while playing game we obviously slow down your computer. Except for the streaming apps, I don't see any need of other softwares to be run in the background while playing. 

It may not show its effect immediately, but with regular usage like this, may hamper the performance in the long run.

• 1 month later...

Our gaming PC can definitely handle multiple programs however, I typically don't as I don't usually feel the need to multitask like that. When I'm playing a game I genuinely prefer to just focus on the gameplay. I rarely even listen to other music, I tend to just tune into the game's music. I believe Skyrim has some of the best musical scores. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't usually have any other program opened more than Chrome, Steam, and *maybe* discord if it's required or Team Speaker.

I tried to stream, but my computer seems to struggle to do both (it's a 5-years-old computer, and even if it has 1070 GFX, the CPU isn't as good as it should be). Maybe when I change my computer this can change and I might do some streams every now and then when my work allows it :D

• 4 months later...

My computer has 8 GB RAM, therefore, I can run multiple programs. However, when I game I do not run any other program on my PC. I use my phone frequently, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team
On 5/13/2022 at 7:31 AM, nomad said:

My computer has 8 GB RAM, therefore, I can run multiple programs. However, when I game I do not run any other program on my PC. I use my phone frequently, though.

Nowdays for gaming system it's 16GB that the minimum that you need. Even with my 32GB I'm using 55% at times if not more when flying

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I know several people who have music playing on their computer when gaming. Maybe it helps them concentrate more. For me however, I can’t focus when I have background noise, even if it is good music. I also don’t like to even have the volume on at all for the special effects. Just grates on my nerves sometimes lol

• 3 weeks later...

I am a little different through being a web developer etc i do have a few tracking software and emails open while i game just incase somthing important comes up, that needs fixing, but 9/10 it doesnt normally effect my game play with having a system 32gb ram enough to go round :)

Edited by Gh0st4unt3r
typo fix