Do you run other programs in your PC, while playing games?

Claraviolet

I don't try this and one of the reasons is simply because I have concerns about overloading my PC with workload. Whenever my PC is on and I want to play games, other tabs will be closed. This is also to avoid issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to close as much as possible, like browsers and creative apps (Adobe).  However, I normally have Discord open and don't bother with background tasks that could easily be closed.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 4 months later...

It really depends on how heavy the game is that I am playing and whether having something else open whilst I am playing is fine without my PC struggling. I know for games such as Fortnite, Apex Legends and even Elden Ring I would always have everything else closed down and just have the game running. For something like Roblox though, I am able to have that running, Skype running with a video call and also music playing if I wish and it runs pretty smooth. 

• 7 months later...

It depends on if I'm listening to music while playing or if I'm recording footage. These are the only two instances where I'll have another program open at the same time as a game. Other than that I usually don't have any other programs open.

• 4 months later...

I usually have a lot of softwares open the moment I put on my PC. Unless I make it a conscious effort on my part, I usually have a lot of other applications and softwares open while gaming. 

Yes, I listen to music while playing games on my PC. It adds to the overall experience and helps create an immersive environment for me.

AJ